This Simple 3-Day Soup Cleanse Will Reduce Inflammation In Your Body, Eliminate Excess Belly Fat And Fight Various Ailments
From time to time we all need a good detox, our bodies crave the treatment so that they can get rid of all the accumulated waste and toxins and start functioning at their maximum capacity.
There are numerous detox recipes but the soup cleanse ones are my favorites. They don’t just flush out the toxins but also improve the function of our liver, kidneys, skin, gut and lymphatic system, improve our digestion and boost our immune system.
In today’s article we’ll share with you three delicious and super healthy soup cleanse recipes which will have a tremendous effect on your overall health. If you decide to go ahead with any of the soup cleansing treatments you need to know that you need to eat about 5-6 bowls of soup every day and consume plenty of water. To prepare any soup cleansing recipe you need to follow certain principles regarding the ingredients so that the cleansing can be effective.
- Miso, vegetable broth or bone soup is your best basis.
- Then you should add some starchy veggie like potatoes, beets, parsnips or acorn squash
- The soup needs to contain fibrous vegetables as well like leeks, onions, spinach, kale, carrots or zucchini.
- Don’t forget the proteins which can be found in nuts, beans and lentils
- Spices like cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, cumin and ginger can also be beneficial
- Finally you can add coconut, ghee, olive or avocado oil as well
Here are the top 3 soup cleansing recipes we recommend:
Ginger and carrot soup
- 2 pounds chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 3 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 6 cups of bone or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. collagen (if you can find)
- Some sea salt and black pepper per your preference
Chop the garlic and toss it in a pan alongside the carrots and the ginger and bring the mixture to boil. Let it simmer for a bit while you start sautéing the onion and the coconut oil until the mixture caramelizes. Add everything in a blender, toss in the broth, pulse to combine, add the coconut milk, season it and serve.
Red Lentil Soup
- 2 chopped sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 carrots
- ¼ cup olive or coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 apple
- An inch of ginger root
- 4 ½ cups veggie or bone broth
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Some black pepper and sea salt for seasoning
If you like you can add some coconut cream
Warm up the olive oil on medium heat in a small pot and add the chopped carrots, onion, potatoes and apple. Simmer for 10 minutes and add the broth, ginger, lentils, chili powder, paprika and cumin and bring the soup to a boil. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes and just as it starts to thicken you can add the coconut cream. Serve and enjoy.
Broccoli cleansing soup
- 2.5 cups broccoli
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 2 cups bone or veggie broth
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- Lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
Heat up the oil in a pan and add the broccoli, onion and celery. Simmer for 5 minutes and add everything else. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until the soup thickens, set it aside and serve.